Welcome April, I'm so glad you've arrived! A little over a week ago I was able to slip away for a little while to La Connor, home to the annual Tulip Festival. Well, the tulips weren't ready just yet, they are more of an April occurance, but March brings the daffodils, which were out in cheerful full force. Fields full of flowering bulbs in the spring have been another part of falling in love with where I live. I never saw anything like this when I was growing up in California...Washington has a unique beauty, it has taken me a few years to appreciate it more fully. I'm sure in a few weeks when I get up there again to see the tulips I'll be feeling the same sense of pride for where I live.
01 April 2010
Welcome April!
Welcome April, I'm so glad you've arrived! A little over a week ago I was able to slip away for a little while to La Connor, home to the annual Tulip Festival. Well, the tulips weren't ready just yet, they are more of an April occurance, but March brings the daffodils, which were out in cheerful full force. Fields full of flowering bulbs in the spring have been another part of falling in love with where I live. I never saw anything like this when I was growing up in California...Washington has a unique beauty, it has taken me a few years to appreciate it more fully. I'm sure in a few weeks when I get up there again to see the tulips I'll be feeling the same sense of pride for where I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow. My jaw just dropped at the sight of all of those beautiful daffodils. You are so blessed to live near something like that.
ReplyDelete