It started off as an observation that one was a bit bigger than the others...
Then it was noticing that the comb went a bit further up the head
than the combs on the others seemed to...
We didn't see them for a couple of weeks because we were traveling,
so my mother-in-law watch them for us...
When we got back, the first thing that I noticed
was how much more red that big comb had become...
Much more like a cock's comb than a hens comb...hmmm
There was also that red wattle coming in under the beak.
I may not have mentioned it here, but it was just last month
that we decided that it was time for our original rooster, Berkeley, to go.
He had become increasingly aggressive and honestly,
any sympathy I'd felt for him was gone.
So why does this little bird have to be so sweet, so cute?
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am...
I think we have another rooster on our hands.
Dagnabbit!
Dagnabbit!




No comments:
Post a Comment