18 April 2010

No Tiptoeing This Year...

...but at least I got to see the tulip fields. The sight is pretty stunning.
Beyond the tulips just being beautiful, there's also something that is just amazing about such a large quantity of bright color, in such deep brilliance, with blue skies and puffy white clouds as a back drop.
Usually when I see stunning landscapes, the main color is green...
...but these tulip fields, with their gorgeous colors blow me away. It's almost too much for the eyes.
I'm not the only one who feels this way...the traffic around the tulip fields
at this time of year can be horrendous, especially on a sunny weekend day.
The new job that I've taken a couple of days a week is right on the tulip tourist route,
so during my commute, I had no choice but to stop and "smell the tulips" so to speak.
It was mildly annoying to have my commute time double, but really,
there are worse things in life than driving through tulip country!

1 comment:

  1. Truly stunning Dara! I adore tulips! I did a post today about our vintage swap. Best wishes, Carla. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails