

Because we've expanded the garden so much this year with the new raised beds and my new greenhouse "The Pod", there has been quite a bit of rearranging and adjusting. There are still paths that need gravel, a used bench I need to stain and move out there, a flower bed that will be built around the Pod. But even with the huge to-do list, the encouraging part is that there are so many things that have moved over to the done list. One of those items was moving my pea trellis from one side to the opposite. Luckily the husband volunteered to place it in the ground a few weeks back (I hate using the hand post-hole digger). Yesterday I put a bit more time into that area, putting landscaping fabric on the ground and mounding up dirt. I also collected rocks from all over our property to make a nice border for the area. The last touch for the day was putting the pea seeds into the ground. One of the things I love about growing peas is how low maintenance they are. For the past few years I've literally put the seeds in the ground and walked away...as long as the peas are in the path of rain or watering, they grow easily. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment