
We've got a big project happening on our property right now. It is going to involve tearing up some ground on the north side of our house. This is something that has had me thinking lately about what I'd like to do in those areas, as far as plantings go, once the dust settles and everything is back in place. Because it is north facing, there isn't much direct sunlight during the day at any point in the year. Also, I don't want to do anything too high maintenance, the less work the better. So I've been thinking about shade loving perrenials. In particular, I've recently been drawn to bleeding heart plants. They are so very elegant. I was very excited to find the gorgeous plant above last weekend when I happened into a local nursery...it's gorgeous and just what I wanted. Another bonus, it was half the price of bleeding heart plants of the same size that I have seen elsewhere. Perfect! It's going to be at least a month or two until I can put it in the ground...but I'm looking forward to seeing it bloom year after year!
No comments:
Post a Comment