15 April 2010

Sweet Buffs

In the midst of talking about integrating my flocks, creating chicken distractions, and the *possible* discovery of a rooster amoung us, I haven't said how much I really like my new chickens.
It has been fun to watch them discover new foods like worms, greens and wild bird seed. It's cool to see them learn to use their wings to fly - even short distances. It was kind of funny watching them learn to walk down the chicken ramp, they are very cautious at first, but then they figure out that there are slats for their feet to grab onto and they start going up and down more quickly and confidently.
This group of chicks has mostly been a joy because they are so good natured. They are not at all skittish like my group last year was. This group of chicks loves to be petted. They are friendly and curious. The little girl in the picture above was determined to play with my camera strap while I was taking pictures...I hope that these chicks can keep living up to their Buff Orpington "reputation" of being one of the more friendly chicken breeds. They make it easy to like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails