
When I lived in San Luis Obispo, one of my favorite places was the creek that went past the mission and through the downtown area. It is a beautiful spot, the right balance of natural beauty mixed with well thought out areas to stop, sit and enjoy. I have many fond memories of the years I spent living in SLO during my college (plus) years, many of those memories happened downtown around the creek area. I've learned since then that living somewhere beautiful can have a bit of a "numbing" effect at times. It is necessary to regularly acknowledge what is around you to keep from taking it for granted. I think I appreciate how beautiful this part of SLO is more now because it isn't right in my backyard. This thinking can easily be applied to where I am now, I live in an amazingly beautiful area...but sometimes I look outside and just see the work I need to get done. Slowing down and appreciating what is in front of me, is just as important a need. The trips we've taken recently have been fun, but coming home is always nice. I've been taking a closer look at my home surroundings, I like what I see, it's nice.
I agree about trying to truly appreciate what we have.
ReplyDelete