
A couple of weeks ago on that same trip to Southern California that I mentioned yesterday, the huband and I headed up for a short one night visit to the town where I went to college, San Luis Obispo. Just outside of SLO, there is a fantastic place called the Avila Valley Barn. It is only open seasonally and we were lucky enough to be in town on it's third day open day this season. When I lived in SLO, it was always a treat to go there. They have wonderful produce, baked goods, home accessories and gift items. I left several things that I wanted behind because we were going to be flying home, though I did manage to come home with one treasure. Being at the Avila Valley Barn put me in the mood to visit my own local farm stands. In fact, a couple of days after returning from that trip, the husband and I dropped by Snow Goose Produce, also open for the season. Spring is a fantastic time to start visiting places like this again!
No comments:
Post a Comment