One of my goals for 2009 was to learn to make my favorite desert at home.
Last year I'd asked for (and received) a creme brulee torch for Christmas.
It stayed in it's box until just recently.
I don't know why it took me so long, forgetfulness, intimidation, low priority?
I don't know why it took me so long, forgetfulness, intimidation, low priority? It's a great thing that I finally got around to trying it all out.
It turned out pretty good.
I have a few ideas for how to tweak what I did next time to make it even better.
I used the yolks of eggs that had been laid the same day by my hens in the custard mixture, it doesn't get more fresh than that, it made me proud to do that.
It was easy to separate the yolks from the whites because
the yolks from my hens eggs are firm and they don't break easily.
Next time I have a yearly goal like this set, I hope I don't wait so long to reach it!




Oh my god, that looks so good--I need to take my lunch break right now. So sad I didn't pack creme brulee for lunch....
ReplyDeleteWhen you and CC visit I will make creme brulee in your honor.
ReplyDelete