04 December 2009

Figaro Naps Under the Tree - Another Holiday Tradition


I realize that there are fairly frequent posts about where and how Figaro likes to nap, but because I have been talking a bit about holiday traditions this week, I had to include this one as well. Every since his first Christmas (this year will be his 3rd), Figaro has taken to sleeping under the tree. This picture is from the night the tree was just put up, it hadn't even been decorated yet, and he was already cuddled up for a winter's nap. We decided to use our artificial tree again this year rather than getting a cut tree. Ever since moving here, I have felt a bit daunted by the size of the house and what it would take (and cost) to fully decorate it for Christmas. So, every year I try to thoughtfully add just a little bit to our decorations. This year instead of buying a cut tree, I decided to get a second artificial tree for the entry way and some lit garland for the staircase. Next year I will probably shift everything around and begin to decorate a ledge that is above our front door in the entry way, it would look great with a lit tree. I would also like to get a couple of those spiral topiaries that are pre-lit for either side of our front door, but all in good time. I'm learning that there is something to acquiring things slowly and patiently. We live in a culture of instant make-overs and 30 minute decorating shows, there is a push to have it all and have it now. I'm not the type to completely give up being a consumer, acquiring things can be fun, I am just trying to train myself moderation. Besides, I've found that anticipation makes acquisition much more satisfying and enjoyable. There's my thoughts on that!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails