So, I think one day when he was on the roof he heard my voice through the window to my office as I was having an online meeting. He realized that I was in there and decided that I should let him in. His meowing got louder and louder as he paced back and forth on the roof in front of my window, all the while I was trying to give a student an algebra lesson, the student heard the meows and thought it was funny when I explained, let's just say it was distracting. So because the husband happened to be hanging out in my office, probably working on his laptop and sharing the wireless signal with me, he decided to let Fig in through the window. That was after he'd gone outside and tried unsuccessfully to [quietly] call Figaro down from the roof.
The only thing is, now Figaro kind of expects that he'll be let in, no matter how cold it is outside or rather, especially when it is cold outside, and no matter if I am in the middle of a meeting or a phone call. I suppose that's just the way cats are, rather than being trained, they are the ones who do the training. All I can think is, oh my, we've created a bit of a monster. At least he's a sweet and cuddly monster.This weekend has been a fun one so far...we went to a family Christmas party during the day, and then over to a neighbors house for a cocktail party. It was a rainy and foggy day, leading into a cozy night. Right now I'm cuddled up on the couch with a blanket and my Bam and Fig, the husband is down in Seattle hanging out with an out-of-town friend at the opening of another friend's lounge, and the s-son is tucked into bed for the night. Tomorrow is going to be full of more friends and fun holiday celebrating. I hope your weekend is full of warmth, no matter how cold it may be outside!





No comments:
Post a Comment