08 December 2009

Another Birthday Banner

A dear friend from college saw the custom birthday pennant banner I sold this past summer. Her little boy is coming up on his 2nd birthday in January, so she asked me to make a banner for his birthday party. Of course I agreed, I love it that she wants to have a reusable decoration.
It's a simple process, cutting all the pieces then starching and ironing.
She asked that the colors in the banner be primary colors. I had some fabric with patterns in primary colors in my stash, but I ended up picking up a few more small pieces.
The nice thing was that I already had the letters cut out, I'd cut them way back in the summertime when I had a booth at the fair. I used a stiff felt for the letters, red on top and the bottom layer is light blue and has pinking shear edges.


All of the pennants were then sewn to ribbon with orange toned stripes (her favorite color is orange). I like how it turned out...the colors look great together, very cheerful. I am going to have to eventually get around to making one to keep and use on birthdays around here. I truly love that it can be reused over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails