03 October 2009

Figaro and an Apron

I finished this apron last weekend, it's off to Bungalow Bay to wait for it's owner. When I decided to snap a picture of it, Figaro decided it was time to cuddle. He tends to be more of a cuddle bug when the whether is colder. When it is warm he is much more independent, preferring to be outside hunting, playing, and napping in the sun; we don't see as much of him as when it's grey, rainy, and cold outside. I like it that he matches the orange in the pocket fabric.

Note about the apron: this was my first attempt at using the gathering foot on my sewing machine to make a ruffle. I forgot to take a close up of said ruffle, it ended up sewing to the bottom of the apron. I thought it turned out great, there are definitely going to be more ruffles in my sewing future!

3 comments:

  1. Greeting from deep south Texas,

    You did a great job on the apron! I like fabric pattern on the pockets.

    Yoli Kalkofen
    http://apronofthemonthclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuddle season has begun. All three of ours were piled on top of us in bed last night.

    Or maybe Figaro just knows how nicely the apron matches his stripes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails