One of the projects I completed was making this camera pouch for the husband for his trip. His old digital camera is on it's last leg, so he is going to borrow mine for the first part of his trip. For the second part of the trip I will be bringing his nice Nikon camera with me so he can use it to take pictures while we go sight-seeing. So, I have a camera case for my digital that the husband actually bought for me a couple of years ago for Christmas...the things is that it is pretty girly, it has a cute flower print on it. Not exactly his style. Also, he's going to keep the camera in his pocket while he is doing his Habitat build, so it needed to be protected but still compact.

I made this case pretty quickly...it's lined with black felt to protect the camera from any kind of bumps or scratches. The fabric is one that he picked out for a different project I worked on for him some time ago...I have sinced used it on onesies and as part of the quilt I made for a friend. I still had plenty left over to make this little pouch. When I gave him the pouch and the camera to add to his luggage, he was pleased with how it turned out. I tripple stiched all of the seams so that it will hold together for the trip.

The camera fits just right in the pouch...not a bit of extra space in there!
So he's one more step closer to being ready to go on Tuesday...it's going to be quiet here without him for ten days!




No comments:
Post a Comment