07 October 2009

Salsa Making

There was a plethora (great word huh?) of tomatoes in my kitchen, all needing to be used before they went bad, so I made some salsa this morning. I'm trying to keep busy right now, to keep from being too lonely...so after Bambino and I went for a nice long walk this morning, this chore was next on my list. I obviously used tomatoes, also some Walla-Walla onions from the garden, cilantro, lime juice, a few chilis, and a bit of salt. Last I checked, the jars were cooling and popping their seals in on the kitchen counter. I'm not sure when the first jar will be opened for use, but I'm curious to see how it turned out. There was lots of chopping involved, but I'm hoping the finished product will make it worth it...The next couple of days will look a little different than normal around here...instead of my usual "Fresh Cut Flower Friday", I'm working on a post for the husband's birthday. He's going to be busy diving and such on the first leg of his trip, but maybe he'll get time to take a look...if not then there's always later one, it's the thought that counts right? He reads my blog, but not religiously.
Also, I've come up with a fun (to me) idea to keep me occupied in the evenings while I'm alone...it came to me actually last night as I was getting my dinner together. More on that probably on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails