15 October 2009

Last Minute Project

I'm dropping in very quickly today because I have tons to do as I get ready to Leave Tomorrow!
I will be working as I travel, which means bringing along my trusty laptop. The laptop bag that I have had for a while won't fit into my suit case or my carry on bag, it's too bulky. So, I made this simple zippered pouch to keep my laptop safe inside of my other luggage. It was made pretty quickly this morning, but I still managed to add a couple of pockets inside with some scraps from a skirt I made a while ago. One pocket is for a pen and pencil, the other is a good size for my air card and other small accessories. I'm not bringing much else, just a spiral notebook, so this pouch is minimally sized. This was the first project I'd made for myself that I used one of my tags on...I like the way it looks! If I'd had a bit more time I would have added handles, an exterior pocket, and envelope-style flap over the top.
Bambino leaves to stay with the husband's parents tonight...Figaro is going to stay here with a good friend of mine who will be house sitting. We've figured out over time that this is the best arrangement for us and our pets when we travel, everyone is happy.
I'll stop by again tomorrow for a quick hello, and then it's Bon Voyage for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails