When I haven't been doing stuff for work, I've been chipping away at my to-do list. All I can say is that I'm glad I got to the part about cleaning all of the bathrooms before this happened (this picture is not his most flattering ever!). I leave a fresh bowl of water out, just for him, by the door that leads to our garage. There is another water bowl in the area of our kitchen for Bambino, but Figaro is also welcome to it. In addition, I regularly fill not one but two bowls of water out in the garden for all pets to drink from. So why my dear Figaro felt he had no where else to turn when he was thirsty is beyond me. Like I said, I'm just glad that I'd cleaned it before he decided to do this. But, I won't be giving him kisses on the face now!

Being alone has meant more time for reading, especially before falling asleep at night...for the past several days this book, by John Elder Robinson, is what I've been picking up. Honestly, it's hard to put it down, even when I can barely keep my eyes open. He has a form of autism called Asbergers Syndrome, a form of autism sometimes called "mini-professor" autism. In the past I have taught a few students with Asbergers...so it is fascinating to read his story. It seems that because he is an adult and has learned to articulate his feelings and experiences, I wonder if some of the things that he says are things that have been true for the kids I've known as well. As someone who is fascinated by all things education, learning and intelligence related, this book is definitely one that I would recommend to others with similar interests. If anything, I think every teacher should at some point put it on their reading list.
Well, I'm off to get more of my to-do list finished, that way I can go play fetch with Bambino, fill up Figaro's water bowl, and sit down for a while to read.




No comments:
Post a Comment