Pictured below is a jute bag with a cotton liner. It would be great for collecting fresh veggies or flowers from the garden.
Second is a half apron. It is a cafe-style-wrap-around apron. The apron is a beige fabric with light blue trimming.
There is a towel loop attached at the waist of the apron.
Canned gala apples...yum!
A jar of my summer-fruit chutney...
And copies of a few of my favorite recipes for Cinnamon Rolls...
...and French Bread!
And a bonus-yet-to-be-decided item related to kitchen gardens.
So...if you'd like to receive my giveaway here are the important details:
- I won't ship internationally, US addresses only.
- The giveaway will stay open until May 31st.
- To win you must post a comment answering this question: What things would be important in your ideal kitchen garden?
- I will pick a winner by June 1st, contact that person to get a mailing address, and ship the giveaway by June 3rd.




I am not in the US but was hoping that maybe in a future blog you might share a recipe for the bread - it looks soo yummy!
ReplyDeleteHerbs would be a nice addition for an ideal kitchen garden.
ReplyDeletewww.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com
that is a no-brainer question. my hubby just asked me last weekend as we were planting. he wanted the garden to be perfect with the perfect fruits and veggies. i told him, so long as ellie gets to learn the reasons for gardening, i don't care what we plant this year. my dad taught me how to garden and so long as you plant what you will eat and enjoy doing it, you have everything you need. thanks for the chance to win.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great giveaway.
ReplyDeleteIt would have to be herbs, all kinds.
Oh, the two things I would want in my kitchen garden.. a comfy lawn chair to sit back and watch my garden grow and a gentle breeze. Thanks for participating in the GiveAway.
ReplyDeleteBerte
my kitchen garden would have to have tomatoes, basil, peppers, and onions... and if they'd grow here in Colorado, I'd have an avocado tree nearby too, because I could eat those every day!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great giveaways!
My kitchen garden would have a fence to keep out the durn squirrels and then also... tomatoes, herbs, squash, watermelon.
ReplyDeleteBasil, and lots of parsley. and tomatoes, yummy tomatoes!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway!
www.craftyheidi.wordpress.com
Random colored veggies! I grow tomatoes in all colors, purple beans that turn green when you cook them, and palm sized cantaloupes with green flesh. It keeps the child in me occupied :D
ReplyDeleteI just started my kitchen garden & it needs to have veggies that my kids will eat. They are so proud to say that they ate something "right from the garden". So far, the asparagus & peas are always a big hit. Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI dont have garden but my neightbor let me share with her. I would love to learn how to make fruit or vegs in canned. I m jealous that you already made lot of canned your foods. look so good :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat giveaway. My hubby and I just started our first garden at our new house. We have beans and corn and other things. I was really excited about our herb seedlings, that is until my pupster knocked them down in pursuit of a lizard. I guess one of the hazards for a home garden.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal kitchen garden would be close to the door (makes collection easy) and contain thriving herbs like rosemary, sage, organo, mint, lemon balm, verbana, and borage. It would also include lettuces, mallow, lambs quarters, a sundail, birth bath, and fairey statue. =) *sighs* I am part of the way there. Now if I can just keep the dog out of the garden!
ReplyDeleteherbs and veggies
ReplyDeletemy fave is fresh lettuce, nothing better than cutting lettuce for a fresh salad!
hollypitcock1@mac.com
Herbs, Herbs, and more herbs! I love the idea of having my own home grown herbs and spices. I have even though of trying to make it work somehow even though I live in an apartment! LOL! Your items are amazing!!! There is not a thing on that list that I am not in love with!
ReplyDeletefun giveaway! My idea would be herbs, love basil and cilantro - can you tell our favorite foods?? A longer growing season would help, but I love living in the mountains :)
ReplyDeleteYour Cinnamon rolls look heavenly! As does all your treasures!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win! :)
hootie364@gmail.com
My ideal kitchen garden would always have on hand, in no particular order: basil, oregano, rosemary, dill, cilantro, parsley, chives, and lemongrass. I'd also love to have fresh garlic & onion...I always wanted to plant the latter two.
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting this giveaway. Your prizes are fantastic!
Lisa
mistyfuji (at) yahoo (dot) com
Mmmm...makes me hungry. Cucumbers for certain and cherry tomatoes. I am not a huge herb person. Thanks for the chance. Your apron is simply wonderful.
ReplyDeletecan I just come over for dinner?? :D
ReplyDeleteI have been trying to grow mint and everytime my friend brings me some from his garden it dies before I can plant it.. I am not having any luck this year.
Herbs, for sure. And Tomatoes. We cook with them a lot!
ReplyDeleteBasil, berries, tomatoes, potatoes, and leeks. You can see pictures of my actual garden here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucasogden/sets/72157594187635277/
ReplyDeleteIt is a family project of love and a bit of obsession, too. :)
This would be great to win, I am growing my first garden this year! In my perfect garden, there would be plenty of fruits and veggies, especially watermelon, tomatoes, and cilantro. And it would really be perfect if they were all organic! Thanks for the chance to win, and for being so generous!
ReplyDeleteYEhudim@aol.com
Must have tomatoes and cucumbers. Both those go straight from the garden to my mouth (with possibly time for a bit of salt.)
ReplyDeleteaddyforrest(at)gmail(dot)com
Herbs for sure, I was making soup just tonight and I was imagining how lovely it would be to use fresh herbs instead of dried from the plastic jar...
ReplyDelete{wood.angi@gmail.com}
Must have raspberries and hot peppers. I love both, but I almost never buy them because the ones I see for sale are usually grown far away.
ReplyDeleteI also really want a way to water the garden from my kitchen. The veggie plot is right outside our breakfast nook, but you have to down the porch stairs and then back up the garden stairs to get there.
In my kitchen garden I need RASPBERRIES! I love them, that is why I named my shop rusticraspberry.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI have THE BEST raspberry scone recipe that is so very easy. If you want it, just let me know. I love your blog, and plan on hooking it to mine if that is ok with you..... Thanks for giving me the chance to win some dang cute and yummy things!
Barb
Love, love, love your give away!!! You are quite talented! In my ideal kitchen garden I'd have tomatoes and lots of different herbs!
ReplyDeletemmm.....what an amazing giveaway. I love the little apron with the towel loop. We have a great little garden and have planted our favorites that also do well in our Zone 4 garden. We have tomatoes, 2 kinds of peas, 4 kinds of beans, cucumbers, and five kinds of lettuces (one which always has to be arugula - love arugula). Then we have another 2'x8' box filled with herbs - thyme, parsley, cilantro, 2 kinds of basil, chives, dill, and sage. Then we have mint planted in their own pots. Must have mint for iced tea! We also have a berry garden with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. I can't wait for those!!!
ReplyDeleteOur little kitchen garden will fill our pantry this late summer/fall with canned tomatoes, canned salsa, onions, jalapeno jelly (husband is crazy for it), among other things. Other than food, my garden's got to have a couple odd ceramic animals (picture a pheasant, a turtle, and a goose...), and of course a comfy chair to relax in!
ReplyDeleteMy must-haves in a kitchen garden would have to be a nice selection of herbs, tomatoes, peppers, garlic and salad greens. I'm pretty sure that with the additions of cheese, olive oil and perhaps a nice sausage, I could eat from that alone all summer!
ReplyDeletei would grow tomatoes, squash, Chives, Rosemary, Parsley, lettuce, spring onions, and carrots.
ReplyDeleteLots and lots of veggies! We have squash and tomatoes and peppers growing right now. Oh and beans are coming up :-)
ReplyDeleteherbs are a must for a kitchen garden. I would also try my hand at bell peppers... maybe a few different kinds of peppers actually
ReplyDeleteThis has got to be the most awesome giveaway package ever! We just bought and moved into our first house and for our housewarming my parents gave me two tomato plants. I'm just starting to see little tomatoes growing and I can't wait to bite into them. Fresh garden tomatoes are the only tomatoes I will eat. This is my first time growing anything to eat so I hope I don't end up killing them. My ideal kitchen garden wouldn't have bugs to ruin any fruits or veggies. My ultimate kitchen garden would have a few banana trees! I hope I win your fabulous homemade goodness!!
ReplyDeletegalaxie_bleu@yahoo.com
Great giveaway! Thanks for the chance to win. You can register for my giveaway at http://ratherbecrafting.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteIdeally I'd have all the staple veggies, lettuce, cabbage, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, etc. I'd also want an extensive herb garden. parsley, basil, peppermint, spearmint, etc.
We really like cilantro and basil.
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaways and blog.
Oh - my ideal kitchen garden would have to have tons of basil, parsley, and rosemary!!! I would also have oregano of course, and chives. I think a kitchen garden should also have a birdbath... I love the giveaways you have - canned things are the BEST!!! I also want your bread recipe!!!
ReplyDeleteEm
emandmikeyATaolDOTcom
www.emandthegang.blogspot.com
YUM! Those cinnamon rolls look devine! What a wonderful giveaway!
ReplyDeleteveggies!!! tomatoes galore, to be sure. :) thanks for offering such an incredible giveaway. you are far too generous! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great giveaway! I think two important things in a kitchen garden are herbs and flowers. You need something to draw in the butterflies.
ReplyDeleteare pumpkins too big to be an ideal kitchen garden? I am really hoping my pumpkins do well this summer. Your giveaway looks fun, I hope to win. I love the vases on your apron.
ReplyDeleteAt my old house we had a giant rosemary bush right outside the kitchen door. Now, we live in an apartment while my hubby gets a masters' degree. I want my rosemary back! Fresh herbs are just soooooo much better. And I adore the scent of rosemary!
ReplyDeletewow, you have such a generous giveaway! i would like herbs, tomatoes, and cucumbers in my garden!
ReplyDeletelovely giveaway!
ReplyDeletei have sugar-snap-peas, lettuce and spinach in my garden - a whole salad! i also have lots of flowers - including pansies - which are edible and make lovely garnishes!
Woah, what a giveaway!
ReplyDeleteKitchen garden: lots of herbs, particularly basil! (sorry if I posted twice)
kldemare at yahoo dot com
Tomatoes, herbs and organic!!!
ReplyDeletejbroberts@cox.net
-joy
One thing I have to have in my garden (the one thing we grow each year)... tomatoes. I love the ones you eat with your sleeves pushed up while standing over the sink- yum! Thanks for a great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I MUST have in my garden are lots and lots and lots of tomatoes. I can eat anything else from the store or farmers market but will only eat tomatoes fresh from the garden.
ReplyDeleteI need a better, more rounded herb garden that I can pick and dry for the winter time. I love the apron, the details are darling!
ReplyDeleteHmmm. . .fresh basil, garlic, green onions and something decorative like edible pansies. I have always thought it would be so fun to put little pansies in a salad for a girls luncheon, but alas, I never have them at hand.
ReplyDeleteI love this giveaway, my mouth is watering. I hope I win.
We just started a kitchen garden this year... I've gone totally tomato crazy (I love to can), but I decided I had to have mint for mojitos!
ReplyDeleteWonderful giveaway!
ReplyDeleteMy kitchen garden has lots of herbs, especially cilantro (yum!), lots of tomatos, squashes ... you can guess we enlarged our garden this year. ;)
My ideal kitchen garden would have tons of different veggies but most espessially all kinds of different tomatoes, I'd eat a different kind at every meal, breakfast included!
ReplyDeleteTomatos, corn, onions, and purple hull peas are some of the things I would expect to have in my garden (if I had one) since they are in my grandpa's garden.
ReplyDeleteHmm...that would be all the salsa ingredients, plus Da'Gorgeouses favorites---squash, eggplants and a few herbs!
ReplyDeleteHugs & Blessings!
What an amazing giveaway. My favorite item for a garden would be garlic, peaches, and corn. All of these taste great fresh and I could eat an unlimited amount of them all!
ReplyDeleteMy husband loves basil. Thanks for participating.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is some giveaway!! I cannot live without tomatoes! My garden has to have them!
ReplyDeletejosilva3(at)yahoo(dot)com
What a great giveaway! Our staples are dill and basil.
ReplyDeleteOh, those cinnamon rolls make me want to hit the kitchen! My staples in the garden are grape tomatoes (my toddler likes to eat them off the vine!), basil and dill. Mmmm.
ReplyDeleteLove the giveaway! Some of my favorites are basil, arugula,tomatoes...and I especially enjoy growing heirloom varieties.
ReplyDeleteOh! Thats a hard question to answer. Asparagus would be one, because my fiance and I eat it so often. The other would be tomoatoes, of a bunch of different varieties. Also, strawberries, because the ones at the grocery store just don't cut it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway!
Different herbs are most important to me. Right now, I'm growing basil on my window sill just to have some!
ReplyDeleteZucchini! Zucchini! Zucchini! We love zucchini bread, cake, fried, sautéed, pasta - you name it! :) Thank you for the giveaways & the cinnamon rolls look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteBasil and marigolds (to keep the slugs at bay). Those cinnamon rolls look YUMMY!!
ReplyDeleteBasil, chives, strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, watermelon
ReplyDeleteThere are sooo many things I would want... a fresh herb garden, maybe like 10 of my top used herbs, many veggies including carrots, potatoes, lettuce, cucumber, squash, broccoli, corn, cauliflower, and celery, and a fruit garden area with apples, tomatoes, oranges, peaches, and whatever else. Of course I don't really know which veggies and fruits grow best in Washington, would need to do research... but I would love to grow as many as I could so that we had a lot of variety.
ReplyDeleteRight now I live in an apartment... so I only have tomatoes, might add herbs at some point. Just waiting for the future house! :)
Thanks for doing the giveaway. This all looks great!
Cassie Driver
cmdoduck(at)gmail(dot)com
My kitchen garden needs to be stocked with fresh herbs that can be so expensive at the grocery store. Mint, oregano, basil, cilantro, chives, lavender, and rosemary are my essentials. Tomatoes and summer squash/zucchini are must haves. I also adore beets and spinach. Amazingly, most of these things take up very little space!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I love the garden & food theme of your giveaway. It's perfect.
I almost have my ideal garden already. It's just missing a bunch of herbs; I tried growing them from seed but they didn't germinate. But I do have tomatoes, onions, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, bell peppers, jalapeños, and banana peppers!
ReplyDeleteGreat question. I just started my first ever garden this year. I've got tomatoes, zucchini, squash, green beans, cucumbers, corn, okra, and watermelon.
ReplyDeleteLove the giveaway items you selected!
In my IDEAL garden - it would be things I would not kill. Unlike my real garden. Herbs and lettuces, mostly...
ReplyDeleteIt would have to be basil and other herbs. I find when I have them growing I use them and everything tastes so much better. They also inspire me...hmm, what can I make to use that rosemary? Fantastically generous giveaway! Thanks!
ReplyDeletean island and a kitchen aid! my must haves for a kitchen!!
ReplyDeleteI love all of your stuff you inspire me!!
JloMamaJama@aol.com
my kitchen garden is in it's first year and it's got so many fresh veggies I don't know what to do with them all! we've also got herbs that I'm not using as much as I anticipated. Idealy though I'd love more fruits but we can't grow that many down here in the heat of south Texas. :-(
ReplyDeleteI have been loving my basil, rosemary, and mint in my herb garden! And they smell so good!!
ReplyDeleteThese are fabulous items! Thanks for the giveaway. My favorite garden item is fresh tomatoes. We always plant a salsa garden and enjoy the fresh veggies all summer.
ReplyDeleteI can be contacted thru my blog: www.luscofamily.blogspot.com
Wow - great giveaway! We like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and lots of herbs - sage, basil, cilantro. Mmmmm....
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Easy questions...have to have carrots - lettuce and cilantro. Oh and Rhubarb, yum!
ReplyDeleteYou had me at summer-fruit chutney!
ReplyDeleteWe have our first kitchen garden this year and our essentials were tomatoes and lots of herbs! We had a container herb garden at our old house but this is teh first time we've had room for anything else.
Kitchen garden. I think I need tomatoes, beets, and zuchinni. Those are my favorite veggies from the garden but I don't think it's technically a kitchen garden with all of that. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great give-away!
Thanks for the chance. My ideal kitchen would have lots of space and an island!
ReplyDeleteheathervanhoof[at]yahoo[dot]com
In my ideal kitchen garden, the plants would grow. :-) I'm having a little trouble getting mine to take root right now. :-) BTW, I'd LOVE a copy of your cinnamon roll recipe even if I don't win...just in case you're willing to share. I'm always looking for good cinnamon rolls. :-) But I really hope I win!
ReplyDeleteMy kitchen garden would need tomatoes (of all sizes and varieties), berries (ditto) and lettuce. Thank you for this wonderful giveaway!
ReplyDeleteIf I had a garden it would need peppers - all kinds. My husband and I love to spice up every meal.
ReplyDeletesimply.simon.sisters(at)gmail(dot)com
Hmm, the most important thing in my kitchen garden would be the herbs. And something to keep away the pesky squirrels!
ReplyDeleteI want watermelons so bad. I hope they actually grow.
ReplyDeletetraceypa@yahoo.com
The thing that is most important is the thing I forgot to do last year.... I needed a way to reign in the mint into one little space. It went all over and attacked everything nearby. And we need help making our peppers more than 2 inches tall. Thanks for offering these on giveaway day! Dawn
ReplyDeleteI think the most important thing in my garden would be HERBS!!! My husband and I love cilantro and we use it ALOT! I would also love fresh basil, mint, and rosemary. Thanks for the great giveaway.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal garden has to have lots of different kinds of peppers! I love making pepper jelly and hot mustard to give as Christmas gifts! this year I am growing three varieties but hope to have a much bigger garden next year. Fantastic prizes!
ReplyDeleteDue to a late frost, my herb garden is now a memory so I get to start over. Fortunately, I hadn't planted the rest of the garden so tomatoes still need to go in the ground as do the veggies. I use horse and sheep manure on the garden and that, plus Epsom salts, makes everything grow like gang busters!
ReplyDeleteTomatoes, squash, eggplant. Definitely eggplant.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the oppoortuity!
jmoore3333(at)gmail(dot)com
My ideal garden has green beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers of all kinds, pumpkins, squash and that's just naming a few.
ReplyDelete:) Great giveaway!
Wow, what a giveaway! My garden must always have a salad growing in it. I get very picky about my lettuce and I love being able to go out and pick it straight out of the garden and put it right in my bowl. And while I'm out there, I'd grab a carrot, some green onion, maybe some herbs...:)
ReplyDeleteYour blog is such a beautiful place to visit! My ideal kitchen garden would have to be full of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, basil, oregano, parsley, and mint.
ReplyDeleteHerbs and tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteAngelia
momtwoangelsATyahooDOTcom
Lot's of basil, cilantro and rosemary! Thank you for having this giveaway!
ReplyDeleteOh my giveaway galore! I hope I win! Please count me in! Thank you!!!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! My ideal kitchen garden would have to have tomatoes, herbs, cucumbers, lettuce... and berries depending on what would grow well where I lived.
ReplyDeleteThis has come at the perfect time! My hubby and I live next door to my aunt and uncle and we are beginning plans for our vegetable garden! We are planting lettuce, peppers, zuccini, herbs, eggplant, beans, pumpkins, berries, THE WORKS! I am SO excited! But, I need to educate myself some more! My hubs is super in to gardening, but I was never taught it growing up, so I am hoping that our new garden will be a new love of mine. I hope I win this! It's a superb giveaway, and so very springy!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I wanted to let you know that I live in Seattle. Hello neighbor!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love tomatoes, basil and coriander. Those are my favorite things to grow. Of course, tomatoes don't fit in my kitchen, but I would love to have them there ideally!
ReplyDeleteLove your giveaway and I really want to try your chutney! Thanks!
What a yummy giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteThings that are essential in my garden....tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, and cucumbers. One day when I have more space, and a sunnier yard, that list will grow!
erinhowe at cox dot net
Okay, first of all - what an awesome giveaway!
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question: I would need a good mix of herbs plus some medicinal that could also be included in cuisine, tomatoes from my sister-in-law's heirloom seeds, a beehive, edible flowers for fancy salads, a sunflower house for my daughter to play in (because that would make for more time to cook!), and a good variety of veggies especially parsnips because you can pick them fresh from the ground on Thanksgiving day in VT which is a lovely thing.
Tomatoes, basil and garlic in my ideal garden. Also avocado trees. So that I can make salsa, guacamole or bruschetta at the drop of a hat
ReplyDeleteWhat a great question! One I gave a lot of thought to not too long ago. The house we recently bought has 2 kitchen gardens. My husband is a seriously fabulous cook and I'm a great (if I do say so myself ) sous chef! We love to cook together. So our ideal kitchen garden would be, and is, full of herbs: tons of basil (that is if it will survive!), oregano, parsley, tarragon, thyme, sage, rosemarry, and dill as well as camomile, cat nip and cone flowers. The larger of the two gardens has tomatoes, cucumbers, swiss chard, rhubarb, beans, peas, zuchinis, raspberries, blueberries, and various root veretables.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the entry!
My ideal kitchen garden would have a variety of yummy veggies, fruits and herbs. Fresh berries would be lovely during the summer months.
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteI'd like a garden boy LOL to tend to all my herbs & veggie plants!!
My ideal kitchen garden would never have pests. I would look out the sink window and see everything growing on it's own, no weeds, and butterflies flitting about. Boy does that sound like a fairytale or what? Wonderful giveaway. Thank you.
ReplyDeletetomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes, basil and tomatoes ... love tomatoes and basil ... would love your wares ...
ReplyDeleteWhen I was growing up my Mom had a herb garden right outside the kitchen door. I would love to duplicate that. One of my favorite plants she grew was lemon verbena, I would put it in iced tea or just chew the leaves.
ReplyDeleteSue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)
My kitchen garden must have tomatoes, I can't seem to grow a tasty tomato here in FL and can't seem to buy decent ones either.
ReplyDeleteTomatoes are a must, store bought ones just don't do it for me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway, if I am the lucky winner, you can contact me through my website www.radseams.com.
Wow! What an amazing booty you are giving away!! I hope I win!! :-)
ReplyDeleteAs for my ideal kitchen garden, well, it would have to have everything if it's ideal. A small orchard, lots of berries, teaming with herbs and veggies, but no pests, a bee hive in the corner and bird houses all around, and a sweet bench in the middle to enjoy it all on nice days.
A variety of tomatoes, basil and flowers.
ReplyDeletelovely! herbs are a necessity, and birds chirping.
ReplyDeletetirzahjoy@gmail.com
My favorite things in the garden are... basil, parsley, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, kale, swiss chard, tomatoes, chamomile and mint. Thanks for the great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteWe just planted our first garden and are very excited. Favorite - fresh lettuce! Yummy.
ReplyDeletethanks for a great giveaway!
benjean90@comcast.net
I haven't been able to plant one this year because we are in the process of moving! So my ideal garden would be one that is real instead of just in my head! Next year I think I'll add some potatoes to my plan (a first foray for me). Thanks for the chance to win such an awesome prize!
ReplyDeleteI would have to say herbs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely and generous giveaway. The items remind me of my mother who baked until she was 92, she canned, make jelly and so many more things. Oh, yes, she sewed for us and often reused old clothing for the fabric.
ReplyDeleteMy kitchen garden would most definitely have herbs in it. If I had to choose only a few, those would be mother of time, oregano, basil and parsley. Thank you, Kath
Herbs and tomatoes. Nothing beats being able to grab a handful of fresh herbs out of the garden to jazz up dinner.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, seems that Anita and I have the same idea as to what is important! Can't be without my tomatoes and can't cook without herbs! I really miss being in VA where we made all of our summer meals from the garden!
ReplyDeleteMy ideal kitchen garden would have some edible flowers! I love herbs and I have them growing all of the time but sometimes I want to look at flowers.
ReplyDeleteWell, I started my garden a couple of weeks ago! So: peas, green beans, cucs, green peppers, carrots, lettuce, green onions, radishes and pumpkins for the kids. And a few flower seeds in some pots to brighten it up (marigolds to keep bugs away, forget-me-nots and some snapdragons).
ReplyDeleteThe little bag is cute and I love the little bit of embroidery on the apron! I'm most excited about your canned apples!
beth
eaputzer(at)yahoo(dot)com
my ideal kitchen garden MUST contain herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary and sage at a minimum) and tomatoes!!!
ReplyDeleteall of your items are great!
What a neat giveaway. Definitely herbs - especially basil and rosemary. And tomatoes are a must. Last year we had lots of tomatoes and a huge basil plant and I made tons of fresh marinara all summer and fall. It was awesome.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great giveaway! Thanks! I definitely need flowers (zinnias) in my kitchen garden and basil and tomatoes...
ReplyDeleteA haiku for you.
ReplyDeleteA kitchen garden
Very green cilantro dream
Husband's favorite!
My favorite thing to grow are sugar snap peas. They are soooo yummy fresh out of the garden as a snack.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win!
=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com
Basil is a necessity if I had a kitchen garden! I love your sewing creations! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHerbs! And an auto watering system -- I always forget.
ReplyDeleteNice giveaway! I love basil and some cilantro. I also love tomatoes, even if they have to be grown in a pot! And some catnip for my kitty--she'd go crazy!
ReplyDeleteHerbs, must have herbs. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI think some hervs would be important, particularly basil and cilantro. Also tomatoes and peppers of every color.
ReplyDeleteSusan
sgalasso@triad.rr.com
If I don't win, can I still have the bread and cinnamon roll recipes???
ReplyDeleteHeirloom tomatoes are delicious.
What is important in my kitchen garden is being organic about it, having variety and have herbs because they smell so good and add so much depth to my cooking.
ReplyDeleteA lemon tree! I just got one for Mother's Day and can't wait until it starts producing! Thanks for a beautiful give-away!
ReplyDeletemaxandellie at gmail dot com
Hello, thanks for the chance to win. I am just starting my first garden to me the most important thing to put in it was summer squash mmm I love the stuff I also put in onions and peppers so I don't have to buy them any more:)
ReplyDeleteHi! My ideal garden would include loads of fresh herbs, heirloom tomatoes, melons, catnip, lovely chairs on which I could sit and read away a Saturday and most importantly, a gardener to help me with all the work when I don't feel like doing it myself!
ReplyDeleteThanks for a great giveaway!
Best,
Renee
lapointe67@yahoo.com
HERBS!!! LOVE 'em. They were my table center pieces for my wedding. Beautiful and fragerant.
ReplyDeleteGarlic!
ReplyDeleteHello and thanks for a chance to win such a terrific ensemble of gifts! We started our first garden this year. We found that lettuce, carrots, beans and peas and onions...we are hoping that our kitchen garden will enspire the kids to EAT veggies...we are planting, weeding, watching and watering or garden together and its fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Jenny
krousegirl2@aol.com
This may seem too plain but hubs and I canNOT get enough tomatoes in the summer! And that would probably be plenty for my garden because I did not inherit my mom's green thumb!
ReplyDeleteWow. Awesome giveaway. I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal kitchen garden would have lots of tomatoes both large and grape. I'd have to have also some basil and probably other Italian herbs plus some green peppers.
Let see, I'd need lots of herbs, tomatoes, radishes, beans, lettuce, and zucchini. Yum, I'm getting hungry just thinking of this.
ReplyDeleteOh what a fabulous, simply fabulous giveaway. Let's see-I don't garden so...I know I'd want tomatoes. I love tomatoes. I love fruit, so every type of berry and fruit imaginable. Most important would be herbs. I love herbs.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to have a garden that goes beyond a container for me right now because the snails are "running" amok and we move every 2-3 years in the military. I would love to have a garden like Ina Garten, the barefoot contessa, with herbs and all kinds of veggies. But I'll settle for the basil, mint, and tomatoes that I have right now!
ReplyDeleteHeather
drugchemist13 at yahoo dot com
I always have my two favorites - tomatoes and strawberries!
ReplyDeleteIf I had a kitchen garden it would have different types of lettuce...carrots and snow peas for the perfect salad...and it would have a great big section for strawberries and blueberries. I also love sunflowers in a garden and roses because they make beautiful centerpieces or decoration in a kitchen!
ReplyDeleteIdeal kitchen garden: butternut squash, onions, garlic, basil, watermelon, pumpkins, carrots, peas, thornless raspberries, and sunflowers! I could go on all day...
ReplyDeleteMy kitchen garden has to have tomatoes- tomatoes to can, to make spaghetti sauce with, for salads, and to eat off the vine while I am weeding...
ReplyDeleteAren't you cute! My little herb garden has rosemary, parsley, and basil, and a flower for color, and two tomato plants ... it will get cilantro at some point too. If there were a ton more space, and the weather here were more conducive to it (they say it is for blueberries!), I'd add blueberries, strawberries, carrots, and beans of some sort...
ReplyDeleteThe most important things in my kitchen garden are my tomatoes and basil so I can make lovely tomato, basil and mozzarella sandwiches in the summertime. Nothing better than fresh tomatoes and basil!
ReplyDeleteThe most important thing in my kitchen garden is herbs. I love cooking with fresh herbs and they're so easy to grow, too. My favorite fresh herbs are basil and cilantro.
ReplyDeleteTomatoes-so versatile and pretty and yummy and healthy!!! I love what you have to share!
ReplyDeleteCarin
margaretshopechest@yahoo.com
Ideal garden? I have a regular garden full of veggies, but every year I HAVE to plant swiss chard...that's what makes my mouth water. Winter squash would also be a must but our summers are too short and I haven't had any luck with any 'short season' variety yet...maybe more fertilizer? I'm just venturing out into herbs...hubby plowed under my chives :( and I'd like to try garlic...that will be come a regular if I can get it to grow here. Ideal? NO WEEDS!
ReplyDeleteMy ideal garden would have plenty of fresh herbs. I already do a huge vegetable garden but would love to raise herbs, teas, and have a cute fruit orchard! I try to add new things every year, so ..... hopefully some day.
ReplyDeleteBasil basil basil! Lovely giveaway.
ReplyDeleteyay locals!
ReplyDeletemy ideal kitchen garden would consist of:
edamame
chives
green onions (or shallots..)
garlic.
more garlic
rosemary
perhaps some walla walla onions
and potatoes!
that'd hold me over for every meal :)
Lindsey
lovemeknotcreations@gmail.com
Oh, a kitchen garden for me must have fresh herbs, fruits and veggies.
ReplyDeleteAnd also some gorgeous flowers...ahhh....so relaxing!
Thank you for your amazing giveaway! It's truly wonderful!
leoandchelle(at)yahoo(dot)com
beautiful garden bag, and i so want to learn to make my own french bread!
ReplyDeletemy kitchen garden MUST have herbs, especially parsley! i put it in everything, when i have it fresh, and it makes everything better. :)
I think I have to say ...herbs! They just make me happy. What a wonderful giveaway you have...thank you.
ReplyDeleteProbably Sun Gold Tomatoes. I think there is a law that you can't eat those indoors. They are hot from the sun & you eat them right away...ooo, that is what I look forward to every summer. #2 is cilantro.
ReplyDeleteI might need your cinnamon roll recipe even if I don't win. My last attempt were rock hard & bland.
Awesome giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI am 8. I am learning to sew, and I have my own sewing blog.
I am doing a giveaway too. My blog is www.sewingsister.blogspot.com
My mom is also doing a giveaway. Her blog is www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com
TOMATOES definitely. Also, basil. And I always tend to plant bell peppers, some sort of squash, and this year we're trying melons. Wish us luck! Thanks for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteJodie
jodcoz(at)yahoo(dot)com
i need a bigger window:) my one little herb isn't doing too well in our small window:(
ReplyDeleteThank you for the chance to win. Your items all look wonderful. For my ideal kitchen garden it includes items my kids love to eat. Our favorites are raspberries, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, beans (green, yellow & purple), corn, pumpkins and lettuce for my daughter (she loves salads, my son does not). We all love to help our garden grow!!
ReplyDeletelet's see, given my track record so far, the first thing i need is a good mentor. ;) i need lots of herbs, everything for salsa, and lots of edible flowers for my kiddos who are obsessed!
ReplyDeletethis is the most incredible and generous giveaway!! i am blown away! thanks for the opportunity!
Amazing giveaway! I would definitely have herbs. Other than those, I would like pole beans, lettuces, strawberries, and tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteWow, you're trying to spoil us!
ReplyDeleteMy ideal garden has tomatoes and herbs in it. I also garden. After looking at your blog (quite a bit), I found we do similar gardening. I'm a square foot gardener.
I happen to have a tomato sauce recipe (with pictures) on my blog. We love canning tomato sauce.
Thanks for participating in this great giveaway. I'd like to be a part of the next one!
My garden would include herbs, strawberries and carrots. I have such wonderful memories of going to garden and pulling a carrot, then washing it off in the ditch and eating it.;-)
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I would say tomatillos, chilie peppers and tomatoes. I buy so much a week, it would be nice to just go outside and pick a few! I love the little sack, my aunt has a huge garden and I think she would love it!
ReplyDeleteBasil, lavender, and tomatoes are the necessities!
ReplyDeletecilantro, basil, parsley and lavender
ReplyDeletealittleteacher [at] gmail [dot] com
HERBS would be important...I can't seem to keep the bugs away and use so many, in my small garden I can barely keep up.
ReplyDeleteno doubt about it, my kitchen garden has to have mint and basil!
ReplyDeleteMy garden would have to have tomatoes. I love tomatoes so much! And I would like to try my hand at herbs too.
ReplyDeleteThank you for a chance to enter!
this is a great giveaway! Ideal in my kitchen garden would be a window with loooots of sun! thanks :)
ReplyDeleteIn my ideal kitchen I would have a HUGE Window and a skylight! It would overlook a garden of fresh veggies. And I would have a double oven! Also, a huge pantry for all of my beautiful canning jars!! I love the way they look on the shelf - dont you? I would have a stained glass window decoration hanging to catch light and spray colors all over the white shabby chic cabinets!! Wow! You shouldnt have gotten me dreaming like this!! Thanks for doing this giveaway. I hope I win!! hahaha
ReplyDeleteYou are such a sweetheart for giveing all this away! Wow I would be honored! My kitchen garden right now is full of our familys favorite tomatoes, herbs, squash, bell peppers, onions, and watermelon! It's so fun to plant a garden but a lot of work and worth every bit of it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your sweetness!
~Brooke
heartnmaui at gmail dot com
What an amazing giveaway! I have tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, strawberries growing in my backyard now. I have a lovely grapevine that doesn't seem to be doing much... I don't have herbs yet, and that probably shocks a lot of people. I would say sun and water are essential :) then more land and dirt and a reference book to figure out what the heck I'm doing. I started squash, but I'm not real sure what to do with that. It took me a year to get amazing tomatoes and strawberries, so I sort of learn as I go. Thanks so much for offering such a great giveaway! Hope I win.
ReplyDeleteI like lots of herbs, tomatoes and peppers in my garden. Can't wait to be able to pick them. Nothing like a homegrown tomato. Thanks for the great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteAs many herbs, veggies, and, ideally, strawberries as I could fit into it!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great giveaway...love your color scheme and the food! My favorite kitchen garden item is chamomile and basil
ReplyDeleteMMM. Raspberries and watermelon. thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteI'm new gardener, but I'd love a smattering of herbs, especially mint, basil, thyme, cilantro and rosemary.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal kithchen garden would be have basil, oregeno, and marjorum. Also a grardener because I kill ever green thing I touch ;)
ReplyDeleteTomatoes! I grow scads of tomatoes every year - the weird thing is that I'm only ehh about tomatoes themselves. Guess I just love watching them grow! Thanks for doing such a generous giveaway!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, the garden must be pretty since it's right outside my glass door. I must have fresh greens (lettuces in fall winter/sorrel and spinach in summer), and tomatoes when they're in season. Thanks for the nice giveaway!
ReplyDeleteMost important for a kitchen garden?
ReplyDeleteOregano. Tomatoes. Cilantro!
kitchen garden....
ReplyDeletebasil, oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce. i love picking lettuce every day in the winter. spinach is nice as well.
mostly though, tomatoes and herbs for fresh marinara all summer long.
thanks for the wonderful giveaway.
i would love your chutney recipe, i made several chutneys last year. i haven't found one i was in love with yet though.
brigitaenchilada at gmail dot com
thanks for the wonderful giveaway
In my ideal kitchen garden, I would have enough for my family as well as enough to share with neighbors in need.
ReplyDeleteraised beds! apple compote makes this special!
ReplyDelete