02 May 2009

Baby Shower Gift

I finally made it back to my sewing machine today - a friend of mine is having a baby shower tomorrow so I decided to make the baby a quilt - my intention is for it to be a play mat.I love how the colors in the fabrics look together - most of the pieces were from fat quarters I've had lying around - some are from yardage I've purchased in the last few months.This may count as my first quilt, I've pieced fabric together before for other projects, but this was probably the largest project.
The size is about 2 feet square.





I used a thrifted (but never used before) pink t-shirt fabric for the backing and added some orange quilting stitches.

To complete the gift are two onesies - a pink 9-12 mos. with a birdie applique, and a white 0-3 mos. with a dragon fly drawn with fabric pens. Also one of my owls.Everything was put into a jute coffee sack bag that I sewed up and attached a handle to this afternoon. The seam on the left is the original seam on the coffee sack.Hopefully she and the baby like everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails