07 May 2009

Thursday Localness

I decided to pick up some raw milk today...I've heard a couple of times that it is easier on the lactose intolerant stomach than processed milk. So far so good, if you know what I mean! I bought it at my local meat supplier, Silvana Meats. We have been buying our meat from them for almost the past year - we're very happy with the quality and it is nice to support the local economy. The folks who work there are extremely helpful and friendly.
Here's that lettuce I wrote about yesterday - just waiting to become a salad!I had to take a couple of pictures of this gorgeous tulip. The colors are amazing!My hydrangea is doing nicely - I'm glad to see this because before this one I squelched out two others by planting them in bad spots. This one seems hapy though.


I have a sneaking suspicion that this is one of those "faces only a mother could love"...not because that's the way I feel, I think this little chick is adorable, even in her awkward "half chick half hen puberty stage". But then I'm the mother so I don't think I have an objective opinion.Bambino is just starting to pay any attention to the chicks...he pretty much doesn't care that they are around, as long as he still gets enough attention.I told you they were getting big! Look at the cute tail feather, it may be the cutest part of all!Another shot of that sweet little tail feather!

2 comments:

  1. I love fresh milk -- never had it packaged, though (always happened to be near a cow!). Silly people trying to make it illegal. But I like your blog -- I've now read all the way to the beginning :) I like your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...that is such a nice compliment, I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails