06 May 2009

Wah, Wah, Wednesday

Things felt simple today...the past week has been rough, complicated. Today I woke up feeling peaceful. I spent some time in the garden today - the rain coming down constant and heavy. So I didn't get any pictures of the garden today...but I can report that there is lots going on out there, I have enough lettuce and spinach for a salad (dinner tomorrow night...?) I started a few more seeds inside the greenhouse and outside as well. I planted three rows of corn - getting drenched in the rain in the process. Both pets hung out with me outside, they were drenched too - by the time we came inside we were all ready to dry off and be cozy. They both looked like drowed rats and ended up napping. But being outside was a relaxing time, the garden has a calming affect on me, it helps with that whole simple, peaceful feeling!
I haven't lived in the Pacific Northwest long enough to really have a firm idea of what the seasons are typically like. So when our rainy, wind storm 45 degree weather makes other people around me (esp. those who've lived here a long time) say that it seems like fall outside I have to just listen and agree by default. I do know that today I have been wanting to drink something warm. For dinner I made a nice spaghetti, filled with fresh herbs, and yummy garlic bread...kind of heavy on the garlic, the husband and I will probably pay for that tomorrow when we step out into public!
On the chicken front I can report that all eight are still dong well, growing like crazy. I am going to try for some pictures later on this week - their feathers are popping out all over the place! They are definately in their awkward "middle school" stage. But everyday we get closer to fresh eggs!So the pictures in today's post are the projects I worked on in my sewing room today. I have a dear old friend on the east coast who is pregnant with her first son...she has two little girls already. So I embellished a onesie for her baby to be with a guitar applique - I sent the white one and set aside the beige one in my "to sell" stash. Her little girls are getting the other two shirts. The long sleeved black shirt is only shown pinned, I forgot to snap a picture of it finished. I stiched green "stems" on each of the tulips...pretty cute when it was done. I never celebrated either of her two girls when they were babies, this is bad I realize, so hopefully I've made up for it, even if slightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails