26 September 2009

Dressed To The Nines

Last weekend when we took a short trip down to Portland it was mostly because we had a free night to use within the SPG hotel system that was going to expire at the end of this month. We actually had originally had two free nights, but we used one when we went up to Whistler this summer. Back to what I was saying though, we had a free night to use. So we decided to try a hotel there that we'd never stayed at before, The Nines. It's been open for almost a year. I loved it, obviously so since I've shown 12 pictures of the room we stayed which was just fabulous...

I've stayed in some fantastic hotels while visiting some amazing places over the past several years, but as things have tightened up around here, our trips have slowed down quite a bit. Obviously this is kind of a bummer in many ways, but at the same time, I think the fact that we aren't constantly on-the-go has allowed me to appreciate things more. The husband and I will always be travelers, it's just part of the fabric of our relationship, but I don't want to become numb to the great things that we see or even to the fantastic places that we stay. I am glad that this whole thought process has been going on in my head recently, when I meet up with the husband in Cairo next month I want to be able to appreciate and absorb every detail of the trip. I'm fabulously excited to say the least. I don't know what to expect completely, but I've done a bit of reading up and friends have offered some great tips, including a market to go to where the oldest coffee shop in the world is still in business! Can't wait, less than three weeks until I go and the husband leaves in about a week and a half.

2 comments:

  1. C.C. and I feel the same--we don't have the time or money to do a ton of traveling, but little trips make our life better. I LOVE that wallpaper--I can only imagine what the wallpaper in Cairo will be like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now going to take special notice of the wallpaper in Cairo, I may even do a special post about it! Isn't it cool that just a short time away from home can refresh you and make you feel ready to jump back in?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails