16 September 2009

Turkeys Come To Visit

Funny thing...As I was finishing up some work in my office upstair this afternoon, I was distracted by the sounds of turkeys and a few chickens calling to each other as they made their way down the driveway and through our front yard...
I guess things like this are pretty normal in the country, but the city girl in me is a die hard and the sight of turkeys strolling through is still funny to me. Pictures were in order...
Figaro came along as I took pictures, he's pretty much done with the idea that he'd like to hunt one and eat it, now he's more interested in following turkeys and chickens around - possibly he wants to be one of them?!

I don't ever look out my windows and people watch like you could do in a busy city, but on the flip side, if I were in a busy city, what are the chances I'd get to see my cat hanging out with turkeys?

Oh! One other thing...check out the new banner, I finally took a little time to learn my way around powerpoint enough to put this together. It was actually pretty easy, I'm kind of suprised that it took me as long as it did to put out the little bit of effort. I guess the part of me that is sometimes a little intimidated by new things was in charge of that... Speaking of which, I am busy with many new things on the job front. I have real courses and students now...teaching online is such a different experience, in many ways I can't believe how much more smooth and relaxed it feels. While on the other hand, there are lots of things for me to learn and remember. I have been enjoying the challenge. I didn't expect to feel so connected to other people while working at home alone...a nice suprise, I was a little worried I'd feel isolated. The flexibility has been a huge relief as well. I have been getting up at about seven each morning and reminding myself that in my former job I'd be walking out the door at that time. The work was a little slow to get going this week, so I have been using the extra time to get things around here done, it's been a nice relief, especially because I was feeling so completely overwhelmed last week! Yesterday I was able to do some thorough house cleaning and Monday we were able to finally end our search for our next car - I plan on sharing a bit about that later this week. The chickens are doing well and have a very tidy coop - I just collected our 6th egg this morning and boiled up a few to go with my lunch today.

It's Wednesday (already?!) I will most likely see you Friday with some more flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails