




Here are the promised pictures of the quilt I made for a friend's new baby...I love how it turned out, making it was such a good experience for me! My friend specifically asked for the map fabric and the elephant and giraff applique's. The rest was pretty much my choices. I have had the backing fabric for a while, it is a very soft flannel, the colors worked perfectly, so I had to use it. I wanted to use the blue polka dot fabric to make it a little bit whimsical. The light brown linen type fabric was my way of keeping the quilt from being too busy, it is meant for a boy, so I wanted it to have a simpler feel, not too overdone. I used a natural cotton batting material. When I washed and dried the quilt, the texture became very soft and fluffy, exactly what I was going for, actually. I will definately use that brand of batting again when I make my next quilt. It's a heavier quilt than I would have predicted, not too overwhelming, but it's definately not lightweight. Again, it was a good experience, I can see now why so many people are "addicted" to making quilts, they are very satisfying!
No comments:
Post a Comment