30 September 2009

Return to Rio - Sort Of!


I've been known to return to a city that I've visited simply to eat at a restaurant I've enjoyed...well, I have to say that the restaurant that the husband and I discovered recently in Portland is that kind of place. This pathetic, out-of-focus picture of the sign of said restaurant doesn't begin to do justice to the amazing food served within. This wonderful establishment is a traditional Brazilian churrascaria. I think the reason that we loved this place so much wasn't just because the food was amazing (it was!), but also because the atmosphere put us right back in Rio. I had that same itchy feeling that deep down I am or at least should have been born a Brazilian. My favorites from the night were the blackbeans (I really need to learn to make those Brazilian style black beans), also the lamb was a major hit for me. They also serve pinapple grilled with cinnamon - so good you don't even need to order dessert - not that I would have had room for dessert anyways! When our travels take us back to Portland, we will definitely be heading to the Brazil Grill again...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails