04 September 2009

Fresh Cut Flower Friday


I'm trying to do better about bringing in some of the beautiful flowers that have grown in my yard...I haven't thought too long or hard about why, but it is hard for me to cut them sometimes. Quick update on the chickens, still no eggs, but I gave their coop a very thorough cleaning this morning, complete with fresh straw in their nesting boxes. I also gave each of them another round of spray for mites (just in case), and their coop was also given a good spray down. My neighbor suggested putting a decoy egg into each nesting box...apparently hens can be a bit competitive, so when they see an egg sitting there they may just feel the need to add their own to the pile. Anyway, can't hurt, all we're out is three store bought eggs if it doesn't work. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time that feminine competition hurried things along.
We're heading into a 3-day weekend for Labor Day. Somehow now that I'm working at home that doesn't seem as big of a deal, but I do like it when people everywhere have a day off, good moods abound! We do have some fun plans for a little weekend get-a-way. We've been through some car selling/purchasing (well, almost purchasing, long story...) hurdles this week, so both the husband and I are looking forward to getting out of town, even for just a short while. I'll take pictures to share next week.
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend, find some way to refresh yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails