19 September 2009

The Jeepster

Here she is, the Jeepster. It took several frustrating attempts over the past few weeks to finally find the right vehicle with the right features at the right price. Thankfully, the search ended last Monday. She made the cut because she was a fantastic deal (the dealer made an error when advertising her online and posted her for about 3K less than normal - the manager was shaking his head on the price!), she has low milage - only about 21K - so we'll be able to keep her for a long time, she also is 4x4 - a plus because I plan to take her to the mountains to snowboard and also the roads around our house here can be a bit dicey in the winter, she has a V6 engine - not so big that she'll guzzle gas and not so small that I'll have trouble getting up to speed quickly on highways and have to ride in the low lane when driving through the mountains, she's also silver - my 3rd silver vehicle in a row - hides dust and dirt well. She's not the most fancy vehicle out there, and I have to say that I was sad to see my former car go (we traded her in), I even got a little teary eyed at one point. BUT...the Jeepster is the right set of wheels for me, I'm quite happy. We upgraded her roof rack system with some cross bars so she'll be all ready to have the Thule attached to her when we're ready to load up our snowboarding and skiing gear and head to the mountains...wooohooo! It's also no small thing that the search is over, sometimes the car buying process is easy, sometimes not-so-much...this has been a very challenging process. The right car at the right price when you're watching your budget is not an easy order, but the husband and I both feel like we did the right thing. Plus, she's already got a cute nickname, I love talking about the "Jeepster", it makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails