29 September 2009
Being Nesty
This past Sunday morning I had a strong desire to nest...so I drove to this farm stand about 5 minutes from my house and picked up a load of corn stalks and pumpkins - neither having been a huge success in my own garden this year.
Just the picture of the farm stand makes me smile, I love living where I do, there are lots of little stops like this all over our county, always very reasonably priced. For very little money I came home with a nice collection to decorate with. It was actually pretty fun, I rarely set out on little trips just to pick up supplies for a decorating project. I felt like my inner Martha Stewart was glowing.
Both Figaro and Bambino hung out while I decorated...I had to do a little cleaning at first, I think they liked watching me dodge the spider webs that I knocked down.
With just a little bit of effort, I think it turned out nice. Now it feels like the season has officially shifted. It's been blustery outside lately, lots of wind and grey skies, so the bright orange pumpkins and colorful bird houses made by the husband give a nice cheerful warmth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment