17 January 2010

W.I.P. Quilt

*A run down of my Work In Progress*
I mentioned the other day that I was currently working on a quilt...my first full sized quilt ever. The fabric I'm using is mostly thrifted and re-purposed, but there is a tiny bit of new fabric in the mix. Before sewing my squares together I sat down at my laptop and put together a plan for the layout. This step was actually pretty fun, and sped things up once I started sewing my pieces.
Bit of a tangent, but I had to take a moment to do a little show and tell for the new (to me) bulletin board I have hanging in my office/sewing room. It was purchased for only $30 from the Re-Store up in Bellingham, it had been salvaged from a school. It measures 8' by 4'. I've checked out similar boards online for about $240...so I got quite the deal! It has come in very handy with this quilt project, it's also been a great spot for me to start to put up some of my favorite cards and pictures.
Of course Fig has been hanging out as I've worked on this quilt, just like a cat to be curious about anything new!
Hopefully I'll be able to show the finished product soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails