21 January 2010

Sunny Day, Sweeping the Clouds Away...

I mentioned yesterday when I blogged that it was beautiful but cold outside, which was true...but it wasn't so cold that I could resist when the husband offered to set me up with an adirondack rocking chair on our upstairs deck so I could enjoy the sunshine...isn't that beautiful!?Folks, you have to remember that this is January in Washington, so sunshine is at a premium. Who needs a corner office in a fancy skyrise building when this view is available!? This was one of those occasions where the benefits of working from home are just too good to fully explain.
I brought out a few pillows and a down throw to cuddle up with.
My little buddy Bambino even got to come up to enjoy the view with me (this is a big deal, he's never allowed upstairs in our house).
Once I set down the camera (hard to do) I ended up getting about an hour and a half of work time and a healthy dose of sunshine-provided vitamin D.
The husband even joined me up on the deck for a while...spending his time planning and running numbers for some upcoming business stuff. I like how casual his drink and calculator look sitting on the railing in the picture below, somehow it works.
I feel lucky in so many ways right now...that we have such an amazing home with beautiful views and that our schedules and job responsibilities leave time for us to sit quietly together outside to enjoy the sunshine and crisp air on a beautiful winter afternoon. It was very peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails