22 January 2010

Afternoon Tea for Lunch

My tea rituals have become quite a nice habit - not quite a daily habit, but close.
One day this week my tea time and lunch time kind of morphed together...it wasn't the most balanced lunch ever, but it was yummy - a good mix of sweet and savory. Lately I've been brewing green tea with Earl Grey and stirring milk and honey into it right in the pot.
I have two of these vintage tea cup and plate sets. I found them recently at a thrift store that raises money to support a local senior center. There were actually four of them in all at the store, I've been tempted to go back and see if the other two are still there. Almost everything at the store is priced pretty low.



3 comments:

  1. I'm always tempted by all the great vintage dishes at thrift stores. These are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were a great find. It's interesting how small the cups are - or maybe I'm just used to the giant mugs I usually use. I read somewhere that dishes have become bigger in the last 50 years - maybe that's why people are getting bigger?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that tea set is wonderful!!! i need to put that on my "need to find now" list !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails