I took a last minute substitute job this morning and I literally had 20 minutes to get ready and out the door. This has happened a couple of times, and the husband is always super helpful, starting my car to get it warmed up, pouring my juice and setting out my vitamins, he even collects my laptop and all the cords and cards that go with it so I can do my online work during the teacher's prep period. It's very sweet, he's quite the keeper. I guess he was feeling just as appreciative of me for being willing to get up and take the sub job even though we'd been up late having one of those great conversations that seem to only happen late at night. So to show his appreciation he suprised me by spending 4 hours cleaning our house, and it looks and smells fantastic. This is after he suprised me last night by bringing home episodes 1-8 of Season 3 of Big Love (I gave up HBO a while back to save us some $, Big Love was/is my favorite show, and I've missed it!) And as if that wasn't enough, he had another suprise for me when I came home...another set of raised beds for our garden. There are four of them, two that measure 4'x10' and two measuring 4'x12'. He hit the hardware store for the lumber and then cut and assembled the frames in our garage.
They will still need to be given a coat of weather sealing paint. Then we will lay down landscaping cloth and fill the beds with an enriched soil that is sold specifically for vegetable gardens. The biggest successes of our garden last season were with the crops we grew in our raised beds, the soil is good and it's much easier to keep weeds at bay. Needless to say, I'm excited, a clean house and raised beds on the same day! Now it's time to start thinking about buying/ordering seeds!
By the way, the picture of Figaro above has nothing to do with what I shared, though he does look particularly happy and I'm pretty happy, so maybe it does work!




No comments:
Post a Comment