15 January 2010

Tired, But Drinking Tea

I just spent one of the longest "school days" of my life substitute teaching for a fourth grade class. I took the job last second without much thought. These kids were fine one-on-one, pretty sweet actually, but as a group they gave me a run for my money - literally. You can tell a ton about a teacher by the way her student's behave when she is not there, and this teacher has definitely got her hands full. If I were her I'd probably take the Friday before a 3-day weekend off too, I'd need the rest from that group of darlings. I was glad when the bell rang to let the students out for the day, it couldn't happen soon enough. So now I'm catching my breath, marginally helping the husband prepare dinner (steak fajitas), and allowing myself to sit down for a cup of tea. Tea has become a recent habit [again] for me. There's something soothing about a warm cup of tea. I'm also trying to not talk myself about hitting a Zumba class tonight with my neighbor...even though I'm tired, I need the exercise after a day like today. So thank goodness it's Friday and thank goodness I'm not that 4th grade teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails