28 January 2010

A Morning Off

I have felt a bit quiet in this space for the last couple of days. This morning I was thinking about why that was and honestly it's because I have been busy with life's tasks, there hasn't been a ton of time for creativity or reflection. It hasn't felt like there's been much to share. The fact that I even came to this conclusion was probably because I took the morning off. No work, no substitute jobs, no Zumba. Instead, I spent more time than normal putzing around outside with the chickens, watching the sun come up, playing a bit with Bam in the yard, and then making a nice breakfast for myself and the husband - red potatoes with onion and green pepper, eggs (from our hens of course!), and thick sliced bacon from our town's meat shop - yum!
Then it was off for some fun errands. My first visit to a small but wonderfully stocked and priced antique mall (I left with a few small treasures), then to a Food Co-op to pick out this summer's vegetable seeds - I can't wait to share what I picked out and even more I can't wait to get started with planting, our mild temperatures lately are giving me spring fever. I also hit up Joanne fabrics with my 50% off coupon to finally get an OLFA self-healing rotary cutting mat as well as quilt batting for the master bedroom quilt I want to soon start. There was a quick stop for lunch - tacos and then over to Costco. We went in for ground cover fabric, it's needed to line the new raised beds that are going in. While in Costco, I also checked out their selection of office chairs - I've been dealing with some neck/back/shoulder/hip pain lately, I think it's been a combination of the constant Zumba-ing and other working out, and sitting at my desk in a horribly unsupportive chair, working for hours.
I think life gets that way sometimes, the things you feel like you *have* to do can make your neck/back/shoulder/hip/etc. hurt. Sometimes it's nice to stop doing the things you have to do and go get a new chair instead. It also didn't hurt that buying vegetable seeds made me excited for spring to come or that getting set up with the cutting mat is making me excited to start my dream quilt. The morning I just had left me quite re-energized!
I hope your day is filled with things that take the pressure off rather than adding to it! Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails