The door pictured above leads into the pantry in my kitchen. When ever I show friends my home for the first time, their reaction (usually from women) to this room usually is to it's impressive walk-in size...all the while my impulse is to hide this room because it is usually a cluttered mess.
On my summer chore list was the task "clean, de-clutter and organize pantry"...I avoided this task for long enough, this past weekend I decided to tackle the task (along with several other little chores I've been avoiding).
I purposely did not take any before pictures, I guess I'm a bit vain, I just didn't see the need to show off the "skeletons" in my closet.
I will share that there was a large garbage bag and a half of throw-outs when I was done...very cleansing!
To keep things organized, I decided to use my new tag punch to make labels...I am not normally a super organized person, but when I have a decent system for organization in place I can maintain it well even in the busiest of life seasons.
It's not perfect and I'm sure I'll tweak the arrangement a bit as I go, but that will be easier since the tags were attached with bow ties.
I still plan to do some more canning this summer, which will require more space for jars. I want to be able to adjust as I go, so I set aside extra tags to have ready at my fingertips when I need them.
August is a good month to get things like this done around the house...and I always love the way it feels to tackle that summer to-do list!




No comments:
Post a Comment