Excuse this fragmented post, I have two unconnected but fun pieces of news to share, starting with the best one, I have recently had reason to celebrate...I got a job! Not just that, but I will be working online from home! This next season of life is very exciting, and much anticipated. I have been on a journey through this whole process. It's been about four months since I lost my old job, but it was even before then that I had begun to have a sense of longing to "be home" more while still being able to earn an income. I feel like I am on the right path now...as I begin the job and grow in my responsibilities I am sure there will be more positive things to come!
The other new bit to share is my hair cut...I went in knowing I was ready for a change. I have one of those fabulous relationships with my stylist, Michelle. I trust her skill and style. I actually met her just a few weeks before my wedding. I'd just moved up to WA from CA and desperately needed a hair intervention before I got married. I still remember getting lost on my way to the salon. I was so frustrated I ended up crying on the phone to the husband (fiance at the time). Michelle instantly understood me and made me feel comfortable. I've been going there since and wouldn't want to go anywhere else.Today I specifically asked her what she thought of my hair - before she'd washed and cut it - I wanted to see if she had any feedback about my new baking soda/vinegar hair routine. Other than my hair being a tad on the dry side (pretty expected considering I get a partial foil a few times a year and used a dryer fairly regularly), she basically gave me her stamp of approval. My next appointment is in the last week of October (after we return from Egypt). I'll get low lights done along with a cut at that time, that way my dark roots that I get when I spend less time in the sunshine don't become my most obvious feature! Michelle advised that for a week prior to that foil and for 3 weeks afterwards I should use a color preserving shampoo/conditioner rather than my current routine. That advice actually works out perfectly for me because I won't have to try to transport baking soda and vinegar in my carry-on to Egypt. (I won't check my bags after a very negative lost-bag experience when we went to Europe last summer!) Instead, I can just bring TSA size-approved shampoo and conditioner with me. I will also in the meantime find a quality and hopefully natural conditioner to keep my hair from getting too dry again.
So there it is, in other news, I am working on a few custom sewing projects for two different gals. I've also re-discovered how much I enjoy grocery shopping solo...with my new flexible schedule I hope to continue to own that responsibility. I guess I had forgotton that I do get a sense of satisfaction from planning meals. I am even thinking of doing a special "30 days of meals" series of posts sometime this fall...we'll see!




Great blog. I feel mildly worse about myself, but it was worth it. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to see you and your sweet husband last night. It sounds like we will all get together in September again when Noe comes to visit. Fun.