"Hooter Hiders", "Bebe Au Lait", Nursing Covers, call them what you will, about a month or so ago, I'd never even heard of them. Then a gal that I've sewn a couple of projects for asked me if I thought I could sew her one for the baby she's having soon...well, first I had to figure out exactly what they were, once I did, I was pretty confident I could make one, they really aren't too complicated. So, I offered her a bit of a deal to get two, since some of the supplies, the boning and D-rings come packaged with more than you'd need for just one cover. I have to say though that because I like options, I like to also give other people options...so when it came to figuring out what to use to fasten the neck strap, I considered velcro an option. When I asked her about her preference, she said definitely D-rings, the velcro would make too much noise and wake a sleeping baby...silly me, of course velcro would wake a sleeping baby! I got such a kick out of that, I guess there's somethings that (for me at least) are learned through experience, and I'm pretty much at zero on nursing baby experience!
So here are a few shots of my finished products, I am quite proud of them. Also, this is the first time I've posted pictures with my new labels sewn onto one of my handmade items...I love the labels, they give everything a very finished look. Learning to make something new is always very satisfying, having it turn out well is even sweeter! The funny thing about these nursing covers is that now I see them everywhere, a lady at Costco has one out, another gal at an outlet mall I go to from time to time had one resting on her stroller. It turns out that several of my mommy friends use them or plan to use them. I'm now going to be making a few more for friends. I am a little amused by this new hobby of mine, but I have to say that I am proud of the fact that I have the skill to make them!









No comments:
Post a Comment