27 August 2009
Lots Happening Here
It's been a busy week. I had a few friends that I know from my last job over for a little lunch party...it was fun to set a nice table, I hadn't done that in a while. The flowers came from my garden, sunflowers and dahlias.
I have also been working on a quilt for a friend's baby...he was born a little over a week ago and has had a few health issues. I want to have the quilt finished this week so I can give it to his mama to wrap him in. I am using an all cotton batting and I am going to use a soft blue and brown striped flannel for the backing, it will coordinate perfectly with the block colors and will be smooth on his baby skin.
Another thing that's going on is that this 4'x12' piece of hardwood gym floor is currently being turned into my new home office desk. It came from the RE Store in Bellingham. They sell recycled building materials from tear downs. This was from the Carver Gym at Western Washington University.
I'll have more pictures to share as the desk and the quilt are finished up. It seems like the next week is only going to get busier and busier.
Labels:
DeetlesBird Handmade,
Entertaining,
Friends,
Husband's Handiwork,
Sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




How great to have a gym floor as a desk (for me it would be like reclaiming painful P.E. memories for my nerdy/literary present day life). And that quilt is adorable. Your blog is inspiring!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cheryl, your words are kind. I am excited about the desk, it should be ready for use in a day or so...I understand the painful P.E. memories, that makes me laugh!
ReplyDelete