Peas, Broccoli and two types of yummy Tomatoes. We enjoyed these yellow cherry tomatoes for dinner with basil, mozzarella, olive oil and a little salt and pepper...that was the husband's favorite part of dinner tonight.
More strawberries - this is especially cool because the local strawberry season typically "ends" on the 4th of July around here. We ate these with dinner tonight - delicious.
The long wait to harvest our walla-walla onions was finally over. The husband's favorite part of gardening is the harvesting. He likes pulling everything out of the ground, nice for me because then I get to take pictures.
It was hard to believe that what started off as measly little bundles of starts that I could wrap my hand around, turned into a over-full box of plump onions. I cooked one of them in red wine and fresh herbs with the chicken we had for dinner - that was my favorite part of our dinner. I especially loved putting the onions right onto warm french bread. Can you tell that I've been stuck at the fair surrounded by greasy food for the last three days?? Real food out of our garden is a huge treat for me!
One last thing I had to show off - even though it wasn't harvested - is one of my growing pumpkins. I'm growing a baking/carving variety. I can't wait to make pumpkin pie from scratch this fall! I don't usually like pumpkin pie very much, but I can't wait for this!
Here's the same pumpkin about six weeks ago...nice progress!




No comments:
Post a Comment