16 February 2009

Tree Pillow

Today I decided to face my sewing machine again. It's a hand-me-down from my mom...a Singer Fashion Mate 257 from 1973. I have had it for several years. I used it about 8 years ago when I was just out of college to make a duvet cover. That experience didn't exactly go smooth and since life has been quite busy during the years in between, I didn't use it again until just a couple of months ago. I think it helped that this time I didn't start with an actual project that I wanted to have completed by a specific time. I don't have the manual for the machine, so I had to find directions online for threading it. I have made a couple of little bags, and today I decided to try to tackle a pillow. I'd had the idea of doing a pillow with four trees - one for each season, but after looking through my material supply I didn't feel like I had the "right" pieces for that. So instead I decided the trees should all look alike.
Here it is layed out after I'd cut the "trunks" but hadn't cut the "leafy" part yet.


Just before I started sewing...The finished project. Not too bad - I feel like I learned alot making this little pillow.I like the way it looks on the leather chairs in the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails