19 February 2009

Looking for color...

It's sunny outside - everything looks better in the sun! The days are getting longer lately, no small thing in the rainy pacific northwest. When I got home, little Figaro greeted me cheerfully - he likes the sunshine too. I love the curious little expression on his face here...I have been in the mood lately for spring to arrive - I could maybe use another day or two of snowboarding and then after that I'm ready to let go of winter completely and enjoy longer days, more sunshine, and trees blossoming around me. I've also lately been in a "looking for color around me" kind of mood. The way Figaro's orange coat looks in the sun actually inspired me to spend a little bit looking around for other color...such as the pink heather growing in a container by our house. I swear it didn't have this much gorgeous pink just last week - the sunny days are bringing everything out!Being new to the blogging world, I have been poking around other people's blogs a bit lately. I came across the blog of grosgrainfabulous and was incredibly inspired, her photography is gorgeous and of course I love her overcoat (wink, wink!) She is definately inspiring me!

On to the next step in my color adventure...the husband has spoiled me a little lately, buying me blueberries as a treat. I've always liked them, but in the last year or so it's turned into loving them! My favorite way to eat them is out of the bowl I got in December from Anthropologie - my favorite store of all time! I get so inspired in that store, it's a good thing the closest one is about 45 minutes away, that saves my wallet!The colors are amazing together!When I came inside, I decided to check on the two little pots in the wardian sitting in my kitchen window. I started some basil there about a week ago...The wardian "sweats" when it's been in the afternoon sun for a few hours. It's one of my favorite possessions, I've had it for about 10 years, it was my first "green house". I'm glad I checked, the dirt was starting to dry out, and it was exciting to see the first little sprouts! About then the husband came home. He'd been to the post office to get our mail today...and in the mail were our passports, returned from the Brazilian consolate, ready to go with our Brazilian visas. Now we are officially ready (minus all the packing) for our trip to Rio! We still have several more weeks before we leave, but the getting the visas finalized made it seem closer!Lastly here is a picture of a couple of the hyacinths that I have forced in a glass container on our kitchen table - pretty I think - did you know they are native to Iran? I can imagine how beautiful the middle east must be - especially when it is peaceful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails