29 June 2009

For my friend from my Victory Garden!

Our neighbor, who is a friend to my husband and myself, was recently laid off from his job. It can be hard to know how to react to that kind of news from a friend...I know from being in a similar situation myself that there's nothing someone else can say that makes losing your job feel any less traumatic. My response was to head out to the garden to pick a small harvest, it's what I have to give right now. Paired with a chilled bottle of Pinot Gris, this is the best way I know right now to say "It happens to the best of us!"

Life can be rough, I don't understand why. I'm hanging in there by doing things that seem simple. I think a sampling of vegetables and a bottle of wine are a simple pleasure, job or no job, that remains true.

1 comment:

  1. indeed! you are beyond right...

    I am so sorry that it took me awhile to get here. This health issue is kicking my toosh! Glad I made it though. This was such a beautiful gesture. These sorts of things are lost on our society anymore. I wish we could take it back (and try to in my own actions) to a time when neighbors chatted after dinner, people brought baked goods and fresh garden grown goodies over and where people genuinly cared about one another...
    this was beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails