
Today was my final day at work...at last. It was a relatively uneventful day. Finals were finished yesterday, so many students didn't show today. It was nice to talk to those who did show up...a few of my favorites (yes, I did say favorites, all teachers have favorites, they just don't all admit it) brought me a sweet gift of a bouquet of flowers - the daisies in the picture below, a very soft purple stuffed bear, and a sweet card. My colleagues in my department also gave me a card with a thoughtful gift inside. It was a strange day, but Bambino came to work with me to help me keep it light...he did the trick, no tears or overwhelming awkwardness. Not that tears are bad, I've just already had my share!
We had an early dinner while out doing some grocery shopping this afternoon (can't go into a grocery store hungry, too many impulse purchases). So I got hungry again, my snack this evening was some salted radishes and one lone carrot from the garden, pinapple juice and soda with morello cherries dropped in to drink, and some yummy chocolate macaroons made by a local company that I discovered at the market today.
To top it all off, the husband picked fresh strawberries from the garden, cleaned them up, cut off their stems, and served them up.
I realize evening snacking isn't the best thing to do, but it's fun every now and again! I'm exhausted, physically from not getting enough sleep lately, anxiety tends to contribute to insomnia for me, and emotionally from going through all of the stages in my job shenanigan...I'm going to spend the next few days puttering around the house, finishing a few tasks, gardening, sewing, following up on farmer's market stuff...and maybe even napping! Cheers!
To top it all off, the husband picked fresh strawberries from the garden, cleaned them up, cut off their stems, and served them up.
I realize evening snacking isn't the best thing to do, but it's fun every now and again! I'm exhausted, physically from not getting enough sleep lately, anxiety tends to contribute to insomnia for me, and emotionally from going through all of the stages in my job shenanigan...I'm going to spend the next few days puttering around the house, finishing a few tasks, gardening, sewing, following up on farmer's market stuff...and maybe even napping! Cheers!




Well done - you finished well! :) Praying the change of pace will be healing...
ReplyDeleteThank you, I appreciate (and need!) those prayers!
ReplyDelete