
In the current edition of Sunset Magazine there is a recipe for making frozen yogurt...I asked for an ice cream maker for my birthday, specifically to try this recipe because it sounded delicious and easy!
You can use either sugar or something else to sweeten...perhaps honey or chocolate syrup. I used lemon curd. I also mixed in some morello cherries.
The result was fantastic...tart and sweet. I think I found my treat for this summer, it's easy and inexpensive. I bought the ingredients, yogurt, cherries and lemon curd for about $6 - it will end up making about 15 servings. If I went to one of those trendy frozen yogurt places, I'd be paying almost that for one serving. I like the math on my version much better, not to mention my version is delicious!
You can use either sugar or something else to sweeten...perhaps honey or chocolate syrup. I used lemon curd. I also mixed in some morello cherries.
The result was fantastic...tart and sweet. I think I found my treat for this summer, it's easy and inexpensive. I bought the ingredients, yogurt, cherries and lemon curd for about $6 - it will end up making about 15 servings. If I went to one of those trendy frozen yogurt places, I'd be paying almost that for one serving. I like the math on my version much better, not to mention my version is delicious!




No comments:
Post a Comment