28 June 2009

Busy, Calm, Busy, Calm, Busy...

After the craziness of getting ready for my farmer's market booth over the last week, today was a nice, relaxing change of pace. We went to church this morning and then the afternoon was filled with simple outdoor tasks. The chicken coop needed a good cleaning - this has become a weekly chore - this is maybe too much information, but I'm making piles with the manure to add to the garden soil this fall. It was also time to put more seeds in the ground: my 4th round of radishes, and more carrots and lettuce. There were five heads of cabbage to pick, 3 red and 2 green. Some time was spent pulling weeds and then planting the wisteria plant from my birthday. The chickens put on an entertaining show as they were enjoying a group dust bath - they really got into it! In fact, there was only really enough exposed dirt for two or maybe three chickens to properly roll around in for a bath, but all 8 were determined to squeeze themselves in, pretty funny to watch.
Tonight the husband and I are going to drive down to Seattle to see the movie Food, Inc. I wanted to see it last week, but there were too many other things going on.
Another fun thing that is going on is that one of my oldest friends, Amber, is driving up from the Sacramento area with her kids for a road trip along the coast and to visit us and see the area. We last saw her and her family in December when we took a road trip down through Tahoe to do some snowboarding. It was a last minute trip, and I'm excited she chose to go for it. She's a couple of months past her surgery for breast cancer, so I'm excited that she's feeling up to this trip! It's always good to see her, some friendships really do get better and better even with long distances to hurdle.

I still have some things to share from my day trip to Orcas Island from last week, hopefully I'll get to that in the next day or two. Here's a little sneak peak:

Have a fabulous Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails