We're talking up until 1 or 2 am working at my sewing machine...
I found out on Monday that I was going to sell from a farmer's market booth Saturday (today)...
Then I had an old friend in town until Wednesday...
But even with the time crunch I was still able to pull it off (with a ton of help from the husband of course!)
All in all, it was a slow day, I sold a fair amount of items. Mostly though, it was a good experience because I tried something that I've wanted to do for months. I feel like I took the first steps to starting my own business. I put up a booth filled with things that created, as vulnerable as that made me feel. I also learned that even on a slow day I can connect with people. Actually many people asked if I had a business card, so that's something that I'll be working on soon.I am also thinking that it would be helpful to be at a venue that gets more traffic, even one where the focus is arts and crafts. It seemed like many people who came to the farmer's market already had in mind what they wanted to buy in the way of fruits and vegetables, they weren't really in a browsing/shopping mode.
Next weekend is the 4th of July, there will be a parade on the street adjacent to the farmer's market, so I will give that location another try, hopefully there'll be more people.
Next weekend is the 4th of July, there will be a parade on the street adjacent to the farmer's market, so I will give that location another try, hopefully there'll be more people.
I will spend some time sewing up more items, but the really late nights shouldn't be necessary.
It has been a great, albeit exhausting, experience. I am looking forward to the next time and to growing my business over time.




No comments:
Post a Comment