30 June 2009

Visit to Orcas Island

My recent trip to Orcas Island, one of the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound, was spectacular. I went with my dear friend C.C. It was a gorgeous day - we had great timing, the rest of the week the weather wasn't as cooperative.



There were several highlights that day...I tried my first oyster ever - and loved it! I guess I'd always told myself I didn't like oysters because they are funny looking. The meal we had at Cafe Olga was fantastic, every bit of it!



We also browsed a bit in some shops, my favorite was a book store that has a fantastic selection and gorgeous views. They had several books there about raising chickens, growing food, and things of that sort, it was hard to not want to buy up everything that caught my interest. I did snap pictures though so I can remember the titles and request the books on PaperBackSwap, or have the list ready when family asks what I want for Christmas.



Next time I go to Orcas I want to walk onto the ferry and then rent scooters to get around the island. We saw lots of people doing this and it looked fun.












1 comment:

  1. it looks lovely. We were just up there in May and I fell in love with the area. I decided that I should purchase real estate in upper coastal washington, once i get a magnificent book deal :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails