24 November 2009

Quick Update


This week is an odd one, my work hours are reduced (company mandate), but I still feel like I've got lots to do. I'm tackling those inevitable piles and messes around the house. This morning I made great headway on the laundry hurricane in our bedroom, only to be stopped by a shortage of hangers, that will be fixed after a trip to Target tomorrow. The goal is to get a house clean enough to be worthy of decorating for Christmas, it would depress me to decorate over a mess. I also did a deep cleaning in the kitchen, my stovetop hasn't been so clean since we let our cleaning lady go way back in February. A dear friend of mine may possibly be visiting for a few days later in the week, this will mean lots of fun catching up, snowboarding (she's the one I learned with), and I'll get to meet the new man in her life. Thanksgiving is going to be mellow, the husband's parents are hosting, grandma, an aunt and uncle and a cousin's family will all be there, I believe there will be between 12 and 16 of us. I'm in charge of yams and pumpkin pie, though I plan to possibly also make a pecan pie. It's my favorite and I found a new recipe. Berkeley is still crowing, but he is no longer doing so in my garden, there's a story there, but I'll share some other time. I'm fitting in a bit of sewing here and there, but I'm also trying to work on our Christmas letter and a suprise for the husband. (I can't go into too much detail about the last thing because he's been reading the blog lately). By the way, the picture above is from our trip earlier this year to Oahu, I like the picture and have never shared it, so since I didn't have any other pictures, today was it's day! That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails