25 November 2009

Oh The Baking That Is A-Happenin'

I am responsible for yams and pumpkin pie tomorrow. So tonight we had a "do it yourself" dinner night - which around here usually means I eat leftovers and the husband has frozen pizza. This was perfectly fine with me though because I had to bake that pie. I had left over filling, so I mixed up more crust and made mini-pumpkin pies. I used a cupcake pan to make them, they ended up about the size of a cookie. The husband already had one, and they were approved.
So now I've got yams to make tomorrow, then we'll be ready to go feast. I am going to head over to Zumba first thing tomorrow. They are raising money for our local food bank. It's also going to be a way for me to burn a minimum of 800 calories! That way I can have a little pie without the guilt. I picked up a new scale today and broke it in once I got it out of the box...let's just say I know I need to kick myself into gear, like now!
I hope your holiday planning and prepping is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails