11 November 2009

14 Items


A summary of my random recent happenings:
  1. I've been asked to do a couple of custom pieces for Bungalow Bay recently, some onesies and an apron, those opportunities make me feel good!
  2. I recently upgraded my laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7...in the process I lost all of my bookmarked pages - kind of a drag! But, I do like the new version much better, I'm having an easier time getting online with our Verizon mi-fi card now.
  3. Two friends recently asked me (separately) to make nursing covers for them to give as presents to new mama's. Like #1, this makes me feel good!
  4. I am already decorating our house for Christmas in my head...when I get the chance, I hope to sew up a couple of new decorations.
  5. This Saturday the husband and I begin a two day (consecutive Saturdays) course to learn to be snowboard (me) and ski (him) instructors. I spent a little time the other night previewing some of the course materials with the husband before we went to sleep. It will be the first time we've done a class together like this, I'm excited about it. If we get jobs for the season together it will be even more exciting.
  6. On the same note as #5, one of the mountains nearby, Mt. Baker, opens tomorrow (Thursday), it is an early opening, made possible by the recent storms that have passed through...our plan is to go up on Friday...the first day of riding for the season is always a big deal to me!
  7. I have been kind of quiet on this blog lately, but it's not because I've felt quiet, I've just been busy. I've really thrown myself into the work routine in the last few weeks...the job has already proven to be a good fit, I have a fantastic mentor and I get along well with my boss. Working at home rocks!
  8. One of the reasons working at home rocks has been my flexible schedule. For the last few weeks I've been heading to Zumba classes a couple of times a week in the mornings (and one evening class last Friday night). Zumba is a dance based exercise...it's great cardio. I leave each class completely sweaty and feeling amazing from the exercise endorphins. I like being in a room full of women who are having a good time burning calories. Sometimes I have trouble catching on to some of the routines, but generally I've been pretty pleased with how I've been able to catch on and learn the steps/moves quickly. My core region is tightening up which is an amazing feeling. I'm one of those people who kind of likes having sore muscels because it means I worked hard and am on my way to being in shape.
  9. Oh and #8 is going to help a ton with the upcoming snowboarding season...Zumba involves a good amount of squats, an important part of a good snowboarding stance.
  10. After finding an amazing deal on plane tickets to Oakland, the husband and I decided to head down to the Bay Area for a few days next month. Family stuff can be complex, hopefully the visit will be a good one.
  11. Our friends/next door neighbors just got engaged...the wedding will be on their beautiful property late next spring - Memorial Day to be exact. I'm already starting to brainstorm a wedding gift I can make...
  12. Lastly, the picture above was taken last night at Mallard Ice Cream in Bellingham...we went there after having a delicious and much anticipated meal at Fiamma Burger. I love the vibe in Mallard, it reminds me of places I went to when I lived in San Luis Obispo during college. Their flavors are unique and delicious. I had a scoop of Strawberry Rose in a waffle cone. It tasted like a summer garden, which when I write it sounds strange, but believe me, it was delicous!
  13. Before heading home from Bellingham last night, we made a stop at Trader Joe's...always a treat! While we were there I was inspired to do an original "advent calendar" for the husband...we are trying to keep Christmas more simple this year, so I'm trying to go heavy on the creativity factor. I'll write more as my ideas progress.
  14. That's it for now...hope you're having a great Wednesday! Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails